Monday, February 20, 2012

Faith: Do everything in love.

The Big Idea: Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love. 1 Corinthians 16:13-14,Paul's encouragement to ”act like men” challenges us to step up and lead boldly and lovingly.

Vigilance: Be on your guard.
(Defense-Protective)-Prov 4:23 Guard your heart, Matthew 12 - False Religion
(Offensive-Ready to attack)-Psalm 5:3 Wait expectantly, Luke 12:37 - Watching

Faith, Courage, Strength
What I believe-Stand Firm in the Faith
How I live, who I trust-Be Men of Courage
How I prepare-Be Strong - Romans 12 Take care of your body. Heart, Mind, Body.

Love
1 Corinthians: Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. ---Do everything in love.

No comments: