Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Noah's Arrival

Born at 6:45 on May 15, 2005 at 29 weeks
2 days later
Mom's first look...

This first picture is Noah right after his eventful birth. (If you don't know his story, call me. We'll have lunch.) All babies are miracles from God, but we are especially thankful for this little miracle. To see how God's hand protected him, and me, is truly awesome. Not awesome in the "That's awesome, man" way, but in the true sense of the word. Think how awesome--large, powerful, sovereign--God really is and yet He had His hand all over this tiny (very tiny--3lbs 10 ozs)little baby's arrival into the world. To think that He cares so much for us and is interested in our sometimes seemingly insignificant lives makes my brain hurt, and gives me hope at the same time. I hope those that are reading this can know that hope that only Christ can give.

I have to say that only being able to look at your new baby through a small window and not being able to hold him for days will in a way force you to look to that hope. The only thing you can do is be completely vulnerable to what God's plan is--like it or not. He will find a way to make you rely on Him completely, and I will always be thankful for this experience. No, it wasn't what I wanted for myself or for Kirk. I wanted to have a full pregnancy with a wonderful birth where they hand you your baby and say, "It's a boy!" I also wanted to be able to have more children, but that is not the path we are going to take. God has something else for us, and while letting go of what I wanted was hard, it was necessary for me to do that so I could be filled with His peace. Kirk and I cling to this simple verse--"Let the peace of Christ rule in your heart." Col.3:15 I pray you can all find that same awesome peace!

Love to all,
Ellen

No comments: